Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I haven't done this in a good long while

Maybe they can't hear
The hushed whispers of lovers
On an early morning
[so early the sun has not yet
warmed the Earth
or graced our faces with the rays
that bring us to life].
Or maybe they can
and that's fine by me, darling.

Maybe they can't see
The fire you put into my eyes
Or the passion you ignite in my heart
Or the whiteness of my knuckles
[like the inside of an apple
the virgin whiteness
so pure and sweet
so delicious
so sinful, so pure
much like myself, or you
or both us before we found each other].
Or maybe they can,
and their eyes have been opened.

Maybe they can't sense
the love that burns between us
The fire in your eyes
or the passion in my heart,
or the sound of our voices as we whisper
the words that we all long to hear
[like light music
like the right lyrics
that float over the speakers
and land in your heart
and make a place there,
much like I have done].
Or maybe they can.
Because we want the world to know.

No comments: