Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rumination 2 :) - Limitations

So, I'm sitting here, knowing that I have to do something here. It's only thirteen days until move out...thirteen days til I bid Hardwick Hall a bittersweet farewell. I'll almost miss the piercing sound of a fire alarm waking me up from a sound sleep (jk). I will, however, miss the nights like this. The nights when 1 am seems ridiculously early. The nights when caffeine keeps me alive.

I've tested my limits at college. In more ways than I ever have, and in more ways then I probably should have done. I've pulled countless all-nighters, gave binge drinking a new meaning, bottled up so many emotions that I eventually exploded, and procrastinated - a lot. I have pushed myself so hard and so fast that I can barely believe I'm getting out of my freshman year in one piece - and sometimes I was held together with stitches ;).

Honestly, I can't even keep writing about this WITHOUT going back to my previous rumination on friendship. Because, honestly, my friends are the ones who have gotten me through all of this craziness. They made sure I was safe - but they didn't push hard when I needed to be left alone.

This is honestly going to be a short rumination, but the one thing I can say is that I have learned so much about myself this year - that I am stronger than I ever thought possible, and that I have the capability to rule the world.

And had I not pushed myself so hard, I wouldn't know that today.

XO,
-k

No comments: